Beastsofwar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

saxonseer

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  05:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen the Beastsofwar channel on YouTube? They review all kinds of wargame products and post video battle reports etc.
They are a very popular and entertaining channel and I was thinking could they not be asked to review Vortex? It would really help in getting the game known to a much wider audience.

Scott

USA
914 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2014 :  1:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Go to Scott's Twitter page  Reply with Quote
Sadly, many groups will only consider a game for review if it include miniatures.

Adam from Beast of War did play Vortex at Gencon one year. It was a lot of fun.

facetiae in omnibus rebus
Go to Top of Page

saxonseer

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2014 :  5:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is sad because there are lots of fine rule sets that don't have accompanying miniature lines and it means only the big players ever get much in the way of publicity.
I think in some ways wargaming has become too slick with big shiny rulebooks, official minis and background settings etc.
Not that it is bad in itself but it seems to lock people into particular companies and with gamers getting into arguments about whose game is best, whose has the best minis and background and what have you. So many appear to be in creative straight jackets where their gaming is concerned.
Not such a problem for historical players although it's starting to move in that way now.
Back in the day most rule sets were small black and white booklet type things written by amateurs that cost little to buy but were often real gaming gems requiring you to seek out the appropriate figures from elsewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Rhishisikk

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2014 :  08:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe we could get Scott from Blue Table Painting? He wasn't shy about a good review for Dropzone Commander, an indi game he liked.

“The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.” -Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Bubba Ho-Tep

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2015 :  12:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bubba Ho-Tep's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea, I remember that game, I trounced him
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Unified Theory Games © 2012 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000